- General Aptitude - 110 questions
- Engineering Mathematics - 62 questions
- General Biology - 63 questions
- Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology - 0 questions
- Fundamentals of Biological Engineering - 0 questions
Bioprocess Engineering and Process Biotechnology
- 15 questions
- - 1 question - Rate law, zero and first order kinetics; Ideal reactors - batch, mixed flow and plug flow; Enzyme immobilization, diffusion effects - Thiele modulus, effectiveness factor, Damkoehler number; Kinetics of cell growth, substrate utilization and product formation; Structured and unstructured models; Batch, fed-batch and continuous processes; Microbial and enzyme reactors; Optimization and scale up.
- - 0 questions - Media formulation and optimization; Sterilization of air and media; Filtration - membrane filtration, ultrafiltration; Centrifugation - high speed and ultra; Cell disruption; Principles of chromatography - ion exchange, gel filtration, hydrophobic interaction, affinity, GC, HPLC and FPLC; Extraction, adsorption and drying.
- - 0 questions - Pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; Valves; First order and second order systems; Feedback and feed forward control; Types of controllers - proportional, derivative and integral control, tuning of controllers.
- Plant, Animal and Microbial Biotechnology - 5 questions
- Recombinant DNA technology and Other Tools in Biotechnology - 15 questions
- - 446 questions